ways to help get pregnant
When you’re ready to start a family, you’ll want to do everything possible to increase your chances of getting pregnant.
After all, waiting can get very tiring and trying. And failing can be frustrating. But, Mother Nature seems to know best. So, we’ll discuss natural ways to increase your chances of getting pregnant quickly (even if you’re over 35 years old) and myths to avoid.
Natural Ways To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant
You might want to increase your chances of pregnancy without any intervention because of personal reasons like religious reasons or family ethics. You might also be a fan of the ‘go natural’ mantra.
Either way, here are some ways of doing it naturally:
Monitor Your Weight
You’ll have to monitor your BMI (body mass index) and try to stay within the normal weight range index.
You can do this by exercising 3 times a week, eating healthy, and sleeping well. Just be sure not to overexert yourself.
Your physical health can also be affected by vices. So, it’s important to avoid smoking, alcohol, drug use, or caffeine.
Time Your Intercourse
One of the best times to get pregnant is when you’re ovulating.
The five days before ovulation is called the fertility window. Sperm can stay in the Fallopian tubes for five days. That’s why the few days before ovulation are considered fertile too.
You can easily track your ovulation if you have a constant cycle because it tends to happen mid-cycle. For example, for someone with a cycle of 28 days, ovulation would happen around the 14th day.
If your cycle is irregular, get an ovulation predictor kit. Or track your cycle the old fashioned way using a basal body thermometer – a high basal temperature and wetter, slippery cervical mucus indicates ovulation.
Fine-Tune Your Nutrition
Folate is necessary for healthy fetal development. Plus, it improves sperm count in men. You can either take folic acid or eat a lot of yam and sweet potatoes for folate.
Eat complex carbohydrates in the form of whole grains and vegetable fibers.
Let your protein content be high through organic and grass-fed meat or plant protein alternatives, like legumes.
You should also drink a lot of water to support organ function, hormonal balance, and wash out toxins.
10 Steps To Increase Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant In 2 Months Or Less
- Have sex during your fertility window
- Buy a basal thermometer and an ovulation predictor kit for step 1 above.
- Eliminate bad habits like late nights, drinking, strenuous sports, smoking, and drug use.
- Eat foods that increase your fertility
- Start exercising frequently, but stick to aerobic exercises or yoga.
- De-stress; read a book, go to the spa, and take naps.
- Start taking folic acid and vitamin E supplements.
- Ask your gynecologist to recommend clomid or gonadotropins for you.
- Treat any underlying cause of infertility, such as PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc.
- Ensure you’re off any birth control methods.
6 Ways To Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant If You’re Over 35 Years Old
- See a fertility expert i.e. a gynecologist. They may recommend different kinds of fertility treatments for you to speed up your chances of conception.
- Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants, such as berries, grapes, onions, carrots, almonds, and vitamin E supplements.
- Take high fat dairy because it can improve fertility.
- Cut down your weight if you are overweight, and add some healthy weight if you are underweight.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, and other health-related hazards.
- Take folic acid supplements.
Myths To Avoid
You also have to do away with myths about conception. For example, some people tell you that some sex positions are ideal for conception. That is false. However, some positions may help when choosing the gender of your baby.
Some may tell you to raise your legs after intercourse to keep the sperm inside. This is also misleading because no matter your position after sex, all the sperm cannot drip off.
There’s always a few left inside the reproductive system to complete the job. The sperm cell for the fertilization should be in the cervix within minutes after male orgasm.
With the help of simple scientific explanations, we have come to realize that both men and women have some degree of control over conception.
You can make it happen if you follow the right measures consistently, which are discussed in all the articles on this website. Increasing your chances of getting pregnant can range from something as simple as a lifestyle change to something as invasive as fertility treatments. So be sure to read this website entirely to see which approaches fit your situation and lifestyle.